TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• We only collect what we need to provide you with services corresponding to your needs. Normally, we collect the following:
• Contact information (name/ surname, Nationality, email, accommodation, phone number),
• Credit card information (type, number, name on card, valid until date, security number),
• Information needed to offer you better services (dates of arrival and departure, date of birth, sex, names and ages of your family members, activities, etc.),
• Information coming from visiting our site (cookies),
• “sensible” data, such as allergies that we are handling with extra care.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR DATA?
Both when you are getting information about our excursions/activities, you are revealing some information about you to us, as explained in the previous paragraph. We will never ask for more information than needed to satisfy your demands and to effectively communicate with you. In general, we collect information to:
- communicate with you when you are asking us to book excursions/activities for you,
- react to your requests both before arriving,
- keep you updated about our excursions/activities/services,
- send you newsletters and similar informational material,
- adjust our services to your personal preferences,
- get information on the use of our apps in your mobile devices,
- receive your feedback both during and after completing an excursion/activity,
We always ask for your consent when we are planning to use your personal data for purposes beyond these directly related to our service. Such purposes include direct marketing (e.g. newsletters, promotional emails). We also ask for your consent when asking for “sensitive” personal data such as your health status or your ethnic origin.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will never disclose your data to third parties, except if:
- we have your clear consent,
- it is necessary in order to provide to you a service that you have asked for such transfer from a point of arrival (e.g. airport),
- when other companies or service providers implementing business activities on our behalf need such kind of data to fulfil their contractual obligations (credit card processing, marketing, etc.),
- it is demanded by law according to a court decision or after a relevant request be a competent authority (governmental, judicial, police, administrative or regulatory),
- in case of emergency, such protection of someone’s life, health or property.
When we disclose your data to third parties as mentioned above, we make sure to provide as little information as possible to achieve the specified purpose.
If there is no legal procedure forbidding it, third parties are bound to EXPLORE HALKIDIKI Holiday Services to protect your personal data in accordance with our policy and to comply with applicable laws and regulations on privacy.
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
After the end of retention period, your personal data are destroyed, deleted or anonymized.
You must know that according to General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights regarding your personal data under our possession. Specifically, you can ask to:
- give you a copy of your data,
- correct your data, if you think they are not accurate,
- erase your data, if there are specific reasons to do so,
- limit the processing applied to your data,
- give you your data in an appropriate format and to transfer them to another Company,
- stop processing your data that were given to us through consent and especially those used for marketing reasons.
To ensure that your personal data are always accurate and updated, we recommend you to keep us informed about your data, as needed (e.g. in case of a change in a street or email address).
Explore Halkidiki Holiday Services
Address: Nikiti, Sithonia, P.O. Box 63088, Halkidiki, Greece
We recognize the importance of information security and we are in a constant process of reviewing and improving the technical and organizational measures we take. For both our website and our server and other information infrastructure, we have defined and implemented appropriate security measures to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. While there is no “guaranteed security” either inside or outside the Internet, we protect your information using appropriate administrative, procedural and technical safeguards, including controlled access, firewall and encryption.
When you visit our site, we receive information about you using some small alphanumeric character files called cookies that are stored on your computer. Cookies assign your computer with a unique ID, which in turn becomes your own identity each time you return to our site.
Cookies have been developed to save you time because they help us provide you with a customized experience without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our site. Cookies do not damage your electronic equipment, nor can they read information from other files on your computer’s hard drive.
Our cookies follow you only while you are on our website and do not collect information about you after you leave it and go to another website. We are not the only ones to place cookies on your computer and we are not responsible for the presence of third party cookies and the way they are used.
The application (browser) you use to visit sites can be configured to handle cookies according to your preferences:
- Accept all cookies,
- Reject all cookies,
- Ask you to accept or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis.
You should consult with your browser manufacturer or vendor to get accurate information about its cookie security settings. Please be advised that if you disallow all cookies, you may not be able to fully use our site.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Although our site may contain links to third-party sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites and we expressly disclaim any liability for any loss or damage that may be caused by the use of these links. We do not monitor the privacy practices or the content of these sites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of another site, you should contact the site’s responsible privacy officer.
MINORS’ PERSONAL DATA
Our practice is not to acquire and / or knowingly maintain information about people under the age of sixteen (16) except those that are given to us by their escorts (parents, guardians) and are absolutely necessary for the provision of our services (e.g. placement of a baby bed in a room).
We want you to contact us for issues related to your privacy and privacy, such as for example:
- Updating your information,
- Changing the communication method,
- To stop sending you informative and promotional information,